Monday, February 23, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree, where art thou?

*Disclaimer: "I wanted this blog to be like the journal and scrapbooking I have never done. Well, It is definitely heading that way!! But the way I figure, I haven't written in my journal for over 17 years and I haven't scrapbooked for about 18 months, not blogging for 3 months is nothing!!!

*warning: very long post ahead!!!


The day after Thanksgiving we went on our annual pilgrimage to find the perfect Christmas Tree. Did we want a Charlie Brown? A corner tree? A closet tree? No, we wanted a GIANT tree! Well we searched and searched and I think we ended up coming back to the very first one we saw. It ended up being over 10 ft. tall.

My Dad and Chubbs

Norah - all bundled up.

Maren

Alcy

Curt and Norah


Is this the one?


Alcy telling a story.
Norah and Chubbs coming eye to eye!

Maybe he's not so bad after all?

HELP!! I've fallen and can't get up!

Helping Curt cut the tree down.

Maren

Dad, Mom, Chubbs and Little Chubs

The final cut!
Little Chubs!

Beginning the long trek back to the car.


Shake, Shake, Shake your tree?

This is our new tree stand. Last year after our tree fell 4 times and 2 different tree stands, we ended up chucking our tree off the deck and putting up our little scrawny fake one.

Norah, again!!!

Norah had alot of fun with the water in the new tree stand.

1 comment:

Tacey said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun with mom and dad. it is nice when you don't always have somewhere to go- you can just chill and do what you want, when you want. hope to make it out there sometime soon! love you guys